[Wine] Re: Wine Client Error:b: write: Bad file descriptor

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Fri Jun 23 05:51:38 CDT 2006

iwoloschin at gmail.com wrote:
> Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing (guessing bad), but now
> I'm getting "unhandled page faults on read access" when I try to run my
> program.  It's followed by what appears to be a dump from
> processor/memory that is entirely in hex, and while I can make out what
> each value is, I haven't a clue what they relate to.  The computer I'm
> running on is not on the internet, but I may be able to get a copy of
> the error later today or early tomorrow if anyone thinks that would
> help.

That would be very helpful, yes. Also, those 'wine client error'
messages relate to communication with the wineserver. 'Bad file
descriptor' propably means that either the wineserver just died or that
wine is trying to use an old file descriptor. Please try with a fresh
~/.wine and a clean /tmp.

Daniel