[Wine] malloc small pieces of memory

Johannes Holzer hl.ichaus at arcor.de
Fri Jun 23 08:15:52 CDT 2006

Hi

I have a Problem with wine. I have one Program, that allogaces many
small pieces with "malloc()" in the memory. "many" means over 2 Mio,
"small" means "from 8 to 128 bytes" in size.

Running this Program on Windows gives me ~300MB Memory Usage (according
to one of the values in the Tast manager). In Linux, "top" shows me a
physical Usage of about 300MB and a virtual size of ~2.8 GB.

With Linux/Wine, the program fails with an "out of memory"-Error (malloc
returns NULL).

Wine version is 0.9.8.

Johannes Holzer