[Wine] Re: (Still) no printing possible in wine 0.9.15

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Fri Jun 23 16:01:31 CDT 2006

Duane Clark wrote:

> I happened to have two systems running Fedora core 4, with CUPS 1.1.23.
> I have one system set up with the printers (an HP and an Epson), and the
> other printer sends prints to it remotely...

Err... The other computer sends prints to it remotely...

> ... It prints fine from Linux apps,
> and also prints fine from Wine. Currently I have Wine-0.9.12 on that
> machine, but I'll update and try again.

I updated to a current Wine version and repeated the printing, which
also works fine. So remote printing via CUPS can work on Wine.

If I delete the current ~/.wine and rerun winecfg to create a clean
setup, I do not get any complaints about the printing system. The
messages you provided show that Wine is not recognizing that you have CUPS.

I notice that you mentioned something about only installing "cupsclient"
on the second machine. Could you explain that part? Perhaps the answer
is that Wine is looking for a running cups server. Even though I have no
local printers connected to my second computer, I am still running the
regular CUPS server, and it simply forwards the print requests to the
remote machine.