[Wine] Re: file sizes greater than 4GB

Mikko Rauhala mjr at iki.fi
Fri Jun 23 16:29:02 CDT 2006

On 23 Jun 2006 12:38:20 -0700, John <jswsbca at gmail.com> wrote:
> Everything works fine, but it doesn't handle files sizes greater than
> 4gb like it can running directly under Windows XP.

While seconding the earlier post about asking on a more development
centered forum, I'll note that if you happen to be using fat32
with Wine (since you can't use ntfs, which you would under XP),
this would not be a surprise, as fat32 doesn't support larger files
than that.

If, on the other hand, you're using ext3 or some other proper *nix FS,
this kind of behaviour would seem to be a problem in Wine.

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>