[Wine] Re: pagefault error

Paul Romanyszyn pgr at arcelectronicsinc.com
Fri Jun 23 20:07:51 CDT 2006

I use mandriva 2006 compile from git.
Mandriva does not install all the tools you need by default. If fact you
have to use easyurmpmi site to add additional rpm's sources.
See in line and at the end for more info.
dbr58 wrote:
> OK - several of you asked questions and I guess I was a little
> confusing in what I said, so let me explain it again so maybe I can get
> it straight -
>
>>From the WineHQ web page, I selected the "downloads" page.  This
> brought me to the Wine Binary Downloads page.  I selected the Mandriva
> rpms (v0.9.16) and downloaded that.  It installed (or at least, I
> thought it did) with no problems.  When I tried to run the wineconfig
> (either from the terminal window or from the gui), it would open and
> seem to accept any of the configuration changes.  But when I closed it,
> I received the page fault error that you saw in my original e-mail.
>
> I thought that maybe I had done something wrong, so I uninstalled Wine
> and re-installed it.  I even went through and installed a Windows
> application using Wine (wine setup.exe from the mnt/dvd directory at
> the terminal).  Again, it seemed OK, except for some errors regarding
> the graphics, I believe.  The application shows up in the "c:\" drive
> from Wine's FileManager, but it says there are files missing even
> though they are in the directory with the executable.
>
> When I started checking things, I noticed there was a "config.log" in
> the .wine directory.  This is the log file I was referring to in the
> earlier e-mail.  As suggested, I tried to install the flex package, but
> I could not seem to find the package anywhere so that I could install
> it.

This is a bad RPM build I think.
> I decided that maybe the rpms had an error, so I downloaded the tar.gz.
>  I extracted the files with Ark and, from the terminal, ran
> ~/wine-0.9.16/tools/wineinstall.  It asked it I wanted it to remove the
> existing Wine RPM.  I said "yes", entered the Root password.  This is
> what I saw after it removed the old RPM:
>
> Running configure...
>
> configure: creating cache config.cache
> checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> checking for cl.exe... no
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> Hope that gives you a little more information.  Now what?? LOL!  Thanks
> for the help.
>

> Duane Clark wrote:
>

>>I am puzzled. You installed a source code RPM? I did not know Wine even
>>had those. Is there a reason you are not installing a binary RPM?

In source tree a readme exists an contains some useful info and a list
of things you need to have install to build it on your machine.

I think configure is now up to date and flags missing things.

Visit http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ and add some more sources per instructions.

 From a root console you can a line like urmpi gcc and it will find and
load a complier.
You can also use the configure your computer GUI to install the needed RPM's
You may have to compile from source fontforge as you need a version from
2006 for fonts to work.
Also the current HAL (hardware abstraction layer) version used to detect
hardware is old and configure does not detect it. I did to use MDE
(Mandrake KDE) RPMs upgrade KDE which has a newer HAL but it almost
broke my system.

Hope that Helps
Paul