[Wine] re: MS Access2000 does not work fine

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Jun 26 03:01:10 CDT 2006

Paul wrote:
>I am using Wine 0.9.15 on Fedora Core 5 in connection with WineTools.
>However, when I create a new database on MS Access (from MS
>Office2000), I get the following error:
>"The Dynamic Link Library msjet40.dll could not be located".

You probably need to install MDAC (some version between 2.1 and 2.5,
I bet).  See maybe
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c57692e9-dde7-4a60-b586-5d4fd6794db6&DisplayLang=en

You might need to add a registry key to pretend you have IE installed.
You can do this with, at worst, the commands
$ notepad
$ wineserver -k
$ cat >> $HOME/.wine/system.reg <<"_EOF_"

[Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer]
"Version"="6.0.2900.2180"
_EOF_

Also, please ditch winetools and just use plain old wine-0.9.16, at
least when reporting bugs to wine-users.
Winetools should not be needed anymore... it's out of date, anyway, I hear.
- Dan