[Wine] Trying to run StarUML

Stephan Mann groups at stephan-mann.de
Mon Jun 26 08:54:19 CDT 2006

On 2006-06-26 15:15:10, Daniel Skorka wrote:
> Stephan Mann <groups at stephan-mann.de> wrote:
>> | C:\Program Files\StarUML\Pgmr101.ocx
>> |
>> | Unable to register the DLL/OCX: LoadLibrary failed; code 126.
>> | Module not found.
>
> To fix that, run
> $ regsvr32 C:\\Program\ Files\\StarUML\\Pgmr101.ocx

Thanks for your reply. I ran the command you provided:

tokei at uinonah:~$ regsvr32 C:\\Program\ Files\\StarUML\\Pgmr101.ocx
err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\Program
Files\\StarUML\\Pgmr101.ocx") not found
Failed to load DLL C:\Program Files\StarUML\Pgmr101.ocx

I tried to get a hold of this DLL by adding a "native overwrite" to the
libraries section in winecfg but this wouldn't work. So I searched my
Windows directory for the file and copied it to
"~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32". Then I tried the command again:

tokei at uinonah:~$ regsvr32 C:\\Program\ Files \\StarUML\\Pgmr101.ocx
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
Successfully registered DLL C:\Program Files\StarUML\Pgmr101.ocx

Looks somewhat promissing, but I still get the very same error messages as
before when I try to start StarUML. I reinstalled the program. The
installer runs fine now. But still, the same errors. Any further hints?

hopefully, stephan