[Wine] Re: Invisible Wine

Ron Thompson webmaster at plansandprojects.com
Tue Jun 27 07:06:41 CDT 2006

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 04:15:42 -0700, jmjaffe wrote:

> I've installed and updated Fedora Core 5.  I also installed wine. As I'm
> trying to run Worlds of Warcraft, I need to add some .dll files in a
> subdirectory within the .wine directory.  However, I cannot find the .wine
> directory!!  I've looked under ~/.wine (where ~ is the user directory) to
> no avail.  I think wine was installed because I don't get an error message
> when I enter "wine" at the command line.
>
> Any insights out there?  Why is the .wine directory invisible?  How can I
> access it?
>
> Thanks very much.

If wine is installed, when in terminal type "wine" and hit enter.
It should return three lines about the usage of wine.
If not, reinstall wine.

If it does, then type "CD .wine" to change to the wine directory.
You can use the ls or dir commands to see what is there.

I think "winecfg" will let you install the DLL files.

--

Ron Thompson On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space Center, USA

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is
to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)