[Wine] wine winamp problems

Stefan Leichter Stefan.Leichter at camLine.com
Wed Jun 28 16:34:44 CDT 2006

Am Mittwoch, 28. Juni 2006 11:06 schrieb howmuchforyourbrain at googlemail.com:
> Hi, I have installed winamp fine under wine, but when I try to load it
> wine opens, I see the winamp GUI appear, and then wine closes
> unexpectedly. The console shows this output:
>
> wine: Call from 0x404b1fa0 to unimplemented function
> shlwapi.dll.IUnknown_CPContainerInvokeParam, aborting
> wine: Unimplemented function
> shlwapi.dll.IUnknown_CPContainerInvokeParam called at address
> 0x404b1fa0 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
> WineDbg starting on pid 0x8
> Unhandled exception: unimplemented function
> shlwapi.dll.IUnknown_CPContainerInvokeParam called in 32-bit code
> (0x404b2022).
[snip]

> Can anyone see what is going wrong? Thanks.

Winamp calls a function (IUnknown_CPContainerInvokeParam) in a dll
(shlwapi.dll) that is not implemented in wine.

Copy the dll from an windows installation to the system32 directory of the
wine installation and use winecfg to set the dll overwrites to "native"

Bye Stefan