[Wine] Re: New to WINE

Jonathan Ernst jonathan at ernstfamily.ch
Fri Mar 3 01:07:30 CST 2006

Le jeudi 02 mars 2006 à 19:41 -0500, Jacob Tennant a écrit :
> I am new user of WINE and need a little help.
>
> 1. From the best I can tell I have everything configured correctly.
> However I can't figure out how to get a Windows screen to show up.

Wine will not show you Windows, but Windows Programs. Just install a
windows program using: wine install.exe (for example) and you'll get
icons (depending on your desktop).

> 2. How do I get a WINE icon over to my desktop so as start it with a
> mouse click(s)

If you don't get an icon, you can start your application with wine
~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files\YourApp\YourApp.exe for example.

Regards