[Wine] Re: Desktop Icons

Jonathan Ernst jonathan at ernstfamily.ch
Fri Mar 3 17:31:04 CST 2006

Le vendredi 03 mars 2006 à 14:05 -0600, Agape' Fellowship Church a
écrit :
> I am also VERY new to wine - and to Linux. I was already aware of how
> to call a program via wine in a terminal window & perhaps the original
> poster was also. I know how to create a shortcut in Windows but a
> similar attempt in Linux did not work.
>
> My question (& probably the one originally meant) is: How do you
> convert commands (such as the one you mention below) into a desktop
> link in Linux to save calling a term & typing in the command?
>
> Ray

I don't know what desktop you are using, but something like right
clicking on the desktop/new launcher and then typing the command in the
command field will work. However most installer will create these
launchers automatically. It's just like Windows, isn't it ?