[Wine] Problem running applications - Newbie

Matías Gutiérrez Reto matiasar at tournet.com.ar
Mon Mar 6 10:04:00 CST 2006

I'm new to wine and I'm running wine version 0.9.2 on Fedora Core 1
and I have the following problem:

I install any windows application from its installer (setup.exe or similar).
Once installed, in order to run it I need to go to the directory where the
aplication is installed, for example

cd /root/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files\MiniReminder

And then run the application, for example:

wine "MiniReminder.exe"

The problem is that when I try to run any application from outside of its
directory it doesn't work. Or if I make a shortcut from winecfg to the
application exe file the same thing occurs. The applications seems not
to detect where ini or cfg are installed.

Does anybody have any idea?

Does anybody knows any wine tutorial oriented to newbies?

Thanks in advance, regards,
Matías