[Wine] Cleaning out wine for bricscad afresh

SnapafunFrank Frank at snapafun.co.nz
Sat Mar 11 17:30:10 CST 2006

I have decided that the best course of action for me to get BricsCAD
running on my system ( Mandriva2005LE - essentials updated ) is to clean
my system of wine and start afresh.

I have uninstalled wine and associated programs ( crossXover - winetools
- xwine ) but upon updating my database ( slocate -u ) I still see heaps
of entries for wine.

eg.
/usr/local/lib/wine
/home/frank/Install/dotwine/setup
/home/frank/UNSUPPORTED/dotwine
/tmp/.wine-500

and many others though I hope these directory examples can help find the
answer. The command file ( /bin ) still retains all the command names
also. eg: /usr/local/bin/wineboot etc. )

The Question: To do a completely fresh install of wine without doing a
full re-install of my system, how do I proceed from here ?

Other things to consider for later are re-installing cx-office for the
like of msproject2003. This doesn't have priority at this point, but I
mention it because in an earlier version of wine I have had BrisCAD up
and running ok only to see it fall over upon installing cx.

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213  [ http://counter.li.org/ ]