[Wine] installshield problem
alex.ger at gmx.de
Tue Mar 14 02:13:02 CST 2006
i work on a problem seemingly with Installshield:
while running a setup.exe from CD i get the following error:
"failed to extract file "C:\windows\temp\WIHelp.dll" from the binary table".
But the file is present exactly in this location.
May this be a problem with some environment/winecfg settings?
If i make "regedit" and set wine's "temp" directory in the environment keys
to a unknown folder --> setup runs, copies all files to a program directory,
but crashs after that so the installation isn't usable.
what i use:
- wine 0.9.8 (tried befor with 0.9.6 --> same result)
- ubuntu 5.10
what i've done:
- started with a fresh .wine folder (backup'd the old one, removed, made
- installed DCOM98
- set wine to use ole32,oleaut32,rpcrt4 as native dll's and to simulate
- tried setup calling in some syntax:
* WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ole32,oleaut32,rpcrt4=n" wine E:\setup.exe
* WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ole32,oleaut32,rpcrt4=n" wine "E:\\setup.exe"
* wine e:\\setup.exe
* go to folder on cd where the .msi file is located and do: msiexec /i
--> every time the same result...
Can anybody give me a hint what i can do to let it run?
Thanks for all active people
Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer
More information about the wine-users