[Wine] Visual Fox Pro 6 application

Howard Hughes miscellaneous at h-hughes.com
Tue Mar 14 13:05:39 CST 2006

Angel Rengifo Cancino wrote:

>Hi:
>
>I'm trying to run an application that was made with Visual Fox Pro 6.
>I tried some different previous versions of Wine like 0.9.3 and 0.9.7.
>Sometimes I got error messages like "There's no enough memory to
>complete this operation" and "Incompatible integer type..." or
>something like that.
>
>Finally I upgraded to 0.9.9 version and I had no previously mentioned
>problems except when I try to start my VFP application I get this
>error message "I can't establish an innitial connection" in an
>Windows-style dialog, and also this little message in stderr:
>
>fixme:font:WineEngRemoveFontResourceEx :stub
>fixme:font:WineEngRemoveFontResourceEx :stub
>
>Does anybody know what can I do? I'd appreciate some help. Thanks anyway, bye

Further to my previous post, one Markus Winhard recently wrote on this list:

"No real problem with Wine 0.9. Vfp 9.0 runs out of the box.
Unfortunately the WAIT WINDOW bug and the ToolTipText bug are not solved
since 2003. I didn't try to install Vfp9 as I can access the installed
copy on my windows fat32 partition"

This suggests that most if not all of the problems with using wine
rather than native .dll's may have been solved, so it may be that it is
now only necessary to use native versions of ODBC32.dll and ODBCINT.dll
and the others are all fine. This is assuming, of course, that you ARE
using remote connections. If you are not I am now at a loss to explain
the trouble you are having.

Of course, it is entirely possible that you may be using features of
Foxpro that Markus isn't.