[Wine] Upgrade 0.9.8 to 0.9.12 issues

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Mon May 1 02:26:08 CDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 00:08 -0500, Bob Bob wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Anything special I need to do upgrading from 0.9.8 to 0.9.12?
>
> I run a few important Win apps and a recent change lost such things as
> virtual windows (black boxes) and all the text was super small greeked
> or non existent. Going back to 0.9.8 showed no permanent damage. Winecfg
> was impossible to read/use.
>
> Do I need to run wineprefixcreate? Didnt see anything in the winehq FAQ
> about this beyond being "easy".
>
> I have to spend more time on this later on. Am just after some ideas for
> the moment.
>
> Used a SuSE 9.3 rpm built/linked from winehq. I removed the old version
> (rpm --erase) and installed the new (rpm -Uhv)

It's possible this is a fontforge issue.  Recent developments in Wine
have exposed a bug in old versions of fontforge, and I believe the
(older) SuSE releases such as 9.3 might have that fontforge.

This might not help, but upgrading the whole system to the latest SuSE
might solve things (since those RPMS would be built with a newer
fontforge).

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie