[Wine] What versions support MS Word?

mandar.mitra at gmail.com mandar.mitra at gmail.com
Mon May 1 08:01:14 CDT 2006

Hello all,

If you're successfully running MS Word on Wine, could you please
tell me what version of Wine you're using? Also, did you use Winetools
for your setup or did you do it "from scratch"?

I was not able to run Word properly with recent Wine versions. When I
try to save a file, I get some message like "... Would you like to
repair this
application now?", after which wine hangs. Also, the toolbar entries
that
show the current font (like Arial) and font size (like 12) are
displayed in a
large font, so that these entries (which are usually just 1 line)
become
vertically scrollable windows(*). At this point, most of the font size
is
obscured by the scrollbar.

With Wine 20041019, I had no problems. I have successfully installed
(using Winetools) and used Word on this version.

Thanks,
Mandar.

*: I'm not talking about the drop down menu that you get by clicking on
these entries. That of course is scrollable anyway.