[Wine] Re: Agent 3.3 on Linux?

William Bagwell use-other at s.this.one.invalid
Tue May 2 09:10:35 CDT 2006

On Mon, 01 May 2006 22:45:07 GMT, quincy <q at q.com> wrote:

>I've installed Agent under both wine and openoffice. It seems to work
>just fine. I am trying to figure out one thing though:
>
>How can I launch attached files like pics or mp3s from within agent
>while running inside openoffice or wine? I'd like agent to use one of
>my linix apps to open pics, for example, (I like gwenview), but I
>can't seem to make that work.

Was hoping someone would have a good solution, because you are *not*
going to like mine... But with IE installed in CXO you can at least
launch pictures:-(

(Saved files of most types can of course be launched from the remote
location with a linux app.)

Like you I have had no luck getting Agent to call a linux app with
either a command or full "/Z:" path. Nor with installing a light weight
picture viewer in CXO.

> snip
>If I can get this functionality in agent under wine or crossover,
>it'll be good riddance Bill gates :)

Amen!
--
William
Mandriva 10.2 linux, Cross Over Office 4.0, Athlon XP 1800+, 1533MHz,