[Wine] Re: Wine is very slow

C. J. Clegg reply.to.newsgroup at nospam.no
Tue May 2 10:10:44 CDT 2006

On Mon, 01 May 2006 16:49:56 -0500, Jeremy White <jwhite at winehq.org>
wrote:

>> We rely on Mailman to do this cross post; I have no idea
>> if they make an attempt to obfuscate the emails at
>> all prior to sending them on to the newsgroups.  I do
>> know that most responsible web sites that display newsgroups
>> to perform this obfuscaition (notably Google, who is
>> our primary link point).

Good morning, Jeremy.

No serious spammer uses Google or anything like that to harvest email
addresses.  All of them have their own NTP servers and maintain their
own newsgroup archives, with email addresses stored in the clear, or
else they are associated with other organizations that maintain their
own NTP servers and archive storage.