[Wine] Further to 0.9.8 to 0.9.12 update problems

Bob Bob bob3bob3 at cox.net
Tue May 2 11:35:12 CDT 2006

Hi NG

Well I started with a vanilla install using the SuSE 0.9.12 9.3 rpm as
previously mentioned. I erased the 0.9.8 version first.

Then ran wineprefixcreate

Then launched winecfg; This is the screen output

http://members.cox.net/bob3bob3/winecfg.png

notepad also had the same kind of output with small/non existant text

Tried installing fonts from the winetools folder I had before, thinking
the default might be missing. No help..

I am wonderng if "- Several improvements to the font support." found in
the ANNOUNCE file might be related to the issue..

I note there are no *.fon/*.ttf files in the .wine structure.. I guess
this is normal given that my working install doesnt have them either.
Ran SuSEconfig that I guess rebuilds /usr/lib/X11/fonts font database
etc but no help.

Might I have a wrong font subsituted in there? What font does Windows
use for its startup in notepad, install screens etc.

Any further ideas please?

Cheers Bob