[Wine] Re: Further to 0.9.8 to 0.9.12 update problems

Bob Bob bob3bob3 at cox.net
Wed May 3 09:30:06 CDT 2006

Grrr!

This is more information only.. It appears to be my installation
specific, possibly in the font area but I havent spent time on it yet.

I built from source after applying the SuSE specific patches, with the
freetype section removed as suggested. Did the usual remove of old wine
rpm, ldconfig, SuSEconfig etc beforehand. Tried running wine notepad
with NO .wine directory thus allowing it to auto create same. The fault
persisted.

I shd point out that configure had previously complained about the lack
of freetype and fontforge so I had to install that from the distro first.

I can see myself doing some heavy reading on the diffs between 0.9.8 and
0.9.12.

Cheers Bob