[Wine] Re: Pegasus and Users

Rainer M Krug rkrug at sun.ac.za
Wed May 3 02:22:03 CDT 2006

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> Geoff Lane <geoff at 3lanes.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>> Pegasus is preinstalled on windows98, I gave the correct filepath and
>> everything appeared to be loading well until it asked for a 'user'.
>>
>> Gave my normal Pegasus username and got the error message that the
>> user does not exist.
>>
>> Tried various permutations of upper and lower case (Knowing Linux is
>> case sensative) but all to no avail.
>
> Might be that this information is stored in the registry, so you will
> have to dig through your windows registry for pegasus-relevant stuff and
> import that into wine's registry.
>
> Daniel

The last time I used Pegasus, it was stored in a file called
users.something in the directory where the user mailboxes are located.
Pegasus didn't store anything in the registry, and I would really wonder
if it has changed. It has a config file in the installation directory
(if I remember correctly...) and one in the users mail directory (which
is in the directory in which the users.something file is located).
Check out the PMail werbsite - www.pmail.com, and search their mailing
list - there were always threads dealing with PMail migration fro one
computer to another (which is essentially what you are doing...)

Rainer

Rainer M. Krug, Dipl. Phys. (Germany), MSc Conservation
Biology (UCT)

Department of Conservation Ecology and Entomology
University of Stellenbosch
Matieland 7602
South Africa

Tel:		+27 - (0)72 808 2975 (w)