[Wine] Re: Further to 0.9.8 to 0.9.12 update problems

Bob Bob bob3bob3 at cox.net
Wed May 3 13:57:25 CDT 2006

Hi Duane

wine --version
Wine 0.9.12

Yes the fonts are in the right place as you indicated.

This time I used the tools/wineinstall script with the same outcome.

Does wine ONLY look at the share fonts directory for fonts or does it
(also) look elsewhere? (like in X11 etc) I also wonder where fonts
downloaded via winetools ends up. (I hope it isnt a issue for my current
efforts!)

To describe the problem a little better with notepad as an example, the
typing and menu areas have a small dash (the underscore for the Alt kb
combination maybe?), graphics are okay as is the title bar text
(although I assume this is done in X)

I note there is no "fonts-cache" file in the folder that seems to be
common with other fonts on my disk. I guess this file is something built
by SuSEconfig?

Interesting to note that the SuSE RPM for 0.9.8 has the fonts in
/usr/share/fonts/wine/ and the 0.9.12 version in /usr/share/wine/fonts/.
Building from source as you mentioned puts them in
/usr/local/share/wine/fonts/ so I quickly tried copying to fonts to the
other location without effect.

Next step is to go down a version to see where the "fault" starts.

Cheers Bob