[Wine] BadWindow : X or Wine or...

Hiji hijinio at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 16:42:38 CDT 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: salmonrushdee <bryanlepore at gmail.com>
To: wine-users at winehq.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 3, 2006 9:14:43 AM
Subject: [Wine] BadWindow : X or Wine or...

i tried running a couple apps in wine remotely, piping X to my
powerbook w/ OS 10.4.6 which otherwise works fine.  thus i think this
is wine- or app-specific.  i get similar errors (see below) in
different apps. on the surface, looks like bad window or pointer.

i figure wine can't find the right libs for display on the client... do
i just need a PATH to my the libs on my client?  e.g. couldn't i just
copy all the wine stuff into /some/directory on the client?

-bryan

I'm not sure how much this will help you, but a year or two ago, I did something similar.  I had Wine running on a Linux box.  Then from a Solaris 9 client, I "SSH -x"ed into the Linux box.  From there, I ran the app with the usual wine "c:\Program Files\blah blah blah.exe" command, and the application showed up on my Solaris desktop.

Hiji