[Wine] Re: more compile problems

Walt Ogburn reuben at ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri May 5 16:01:31 CDT 2006

On Fri, 5 May 2006, Daniel Skorka wrote:

> CrashedAgain <tedhansen at sasktel.net> wrote:
> > There are a few other similar  "pointer targets in passing argument 5
> > of 'xxxxxxxx' differ in signedness" warnings before these ones.
> >
> > As you can tell, I haven't really got a clue what I'm doing, I really
> > appreciate the help.
>
> A warning is just that. Only errors will abort the compilation. So, your
> real problem is with those errors. At this point, I want to give up. I
> really have no idea why 2 years old code should not compile anymore.
> Maybe the guys on wine-devel have an idea.

What is the source of this old version of Wine you're trying to compile?
The missing "AUTHORS" file is really suspicious.  The AUTHORS file in CVS
goes back to the beginning in 1998.  Therefore, it sounds like you have
some kind of non-standard source that didn't come straight out of a winehq
development snapshot or the CVS, and there's no telling what might have
been done to it.

If you like, you could try compiling the "official" snapshot of the same
version.  You can download old wine snapshots at

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wine/

For source code, you want one like Wine-YYYYMMDD.tar.gz