[Wine] Cryptic error message

John French cjf at tow.org.uk
Mon May 8 03:41:50 CDT 2006

I have been trying for some time to run a British financial program,
called ShareScope, under Wine. It is the sole remaining reason for me to
run Windows, so I am keen to succeed. The developers of the program
claim to have run it successfully under Wine, but they don't provide
support. Since this is a minority interest, I realise that I will have
to solve the problem myself, but I'm stuck !

My Linux system is Ubuntu 5.10.  When I try to start ShareScope, it
brings up the splash screen, and the blue bar starts to march across,
but stops about half way, with the error message :

sizeof(RADEONDRIRec) == 100, devPrivSize 100
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 4116
(SPI_GETSELECTIONFADE)

I have been hunting the forums, and Googling for help, to no avail.
Please can someone give me some advice where to look to understand this
error message ?

John French