[Wine] Fedora Core 5 Wine newbie

digimars kenneth.l.armstrong at us.army.mil
Mon May 8 08:23:27 CDT 2006

Hello,
I installed wine via 'yum install wine' from my command prompt on a new
install of Fedora Core 5 (everything was updated via yum before I
attempted this), and everything went well with that.  Then, when I
tried to install a game that I saw was in gold status on the apps db,
it went through a list of fonts and installed them or something, but it
wont install the game.  The CD is mounted, but this is all I get:
"[root at localhost Kenny]# wine /media/ELITEFORCE/setup.exe
wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x7fd5be82 at address
0x11ef:0x000002f2 (thread 000a), starting debugger...
err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("winedbg --auto 8 116")
(2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another
debugger
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7fcfe3a0 "syslevel.c:
Win16Mutex" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 000a, retrying
(60 sec)
[root at localhost Kenny]#"

Am I missing something?  What do I need to do to get Wine to work?