[Wine] Re: Fedora Core 5 Wine newbie

digimars kenneth.l.armstrong at us.army.mil
Mon May 8 12:03:30 CDT 2006

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> digimars <kenneth.l.armstrong at us.army.mil> wrote:
> > Am I missing something?  What do I need to do to get Wine to work?
>
> What we need to help you is: Your wine version; a very good reason for
> you to do this as root; the name of the game.
>
> As a general suggestion: Always run a .exe from the directory it is in.
>
> Daniel

I'm using the newest version of Wine 0.9.12, and I did this as root
because I wasn't sure if I could do it as a regular user (and I was
already logged in).  The games that I was trying to install were Star
Trek Voyager Elite Force and Lords of the Realm 2.  Also if it matters
I'm doing this on the x86_64 Fedora Core 5 and I'm using Gnome for my
desktop.