[Wine] Songbird with wine

Juan Marcelo Rodríguez juan at nixbox.com.ar
Tue May 9 10:14:31 CDT 2006

Stefan Munz wrote:
| Hi Juan,

Hi Stefan,
| <snip|
|| err:module:map_image Could not map section .text, file probably
truncated
|| err:module:import_dll Loading library MSVCR71.dll (which is needed by
|| L"C:\\Program Files\\Songbird\\MSVCP71.dll") failed (error c000007b).
|| err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP71.dll (which is needed by
|| L"C:\\Program Files\\Songbird\\Songbird.exe") not found
|| err:module:map_image Could not map section .text, file probably
truncated
|| err:module:import_dll Loading library MSVCR71.dll (which is needed by
|| L"C:\\Program Files\\Songbird\\Songbird.exe") failed (error c000007b).
|| err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
|| L"C:\\Program Files\\Songbird\\Songbird.exe" failed, status c0000135
|| </output|
|| This happened with Wine 0.9.11 and 0.9.12; now I'm syncing with the
|| CVS current version to see if it works that way. I tried  to use
|| native dll's with the ones of the trouble, but it didn't work anyway.
|
| In which directory did you put the native dlls? For testing I
suggest to copy
| them in the program dir. Did you change the default behaviour of the
dll
| overrides? As far as I know, if in your registry is an entry like
| "*"="builtin"
| then native dlls that are in the windows directory (and are not
seperately
| marked to be used native) will not be loaded.

I used to put the dll's into $HOME/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/.
Also I compiled wine, the CVS branch, and it still doesn't work.

About the overrides, I add through  winecfg  both libraries to use
native with Songbird, but the error is the same.

I agreed with you what you told about the native libraries, but I'm
doing something wrong, because I know people get Songbird running.

|| I got the DLL's from the Net, but it still complains about "not
|| found", it wasn't suitable. I have an earlier version of one of the
|| two DLL.
|| About the system, is a kernel 2.16.6 with real time patch applied,
|| Slackware current, and the common wine install with win XP as their
|| version, without virtual desktop.
|| Thanks in advance.
|| Juan
|
| cu,