[Wine] Songbird with wine

Alex Winston neftune at gmail.com
Wed May 10 08:09:00 CDT 2006

On 5/8/06, Juan Marcelo Rodríguez <juan at nixbox.com.ar> wrote:
<snip>
> err:module:map_image Could not map section .text, file probably truncated
> err:module:import_dll Loading library MSVCR71.dll (which is needed by
> L"C:\\Program Files\\Songbird\\MSVCP71.dll") failed (error c000007b).
> err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP71.dll (which is needed by
> L"C:\\Program Files\\Songbird\\Songbird.exe") not found
> err:module:map_image Could not map section .text, file probably truncated
> err:module:import_dll Loading library MSVCR71.dll (which is needed by
> L"C:\\Program Files\\Songbird\\Songbird.exe") failed (error c000007b).
> err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
> L"C:\\Program Files\\Songbird\\Songbird.exe" failed, status c0000135
> </output>
>
> This happened with Wine 0.9.11 and 0.9.12; now I'm syncing with the
> CVS current version to see if it works that way. I tried  to use
> native dll's with the ones of the trouble, but it didn't work anyway.
>
> I got the DLL's from the Net, but it still complains about "not
> found", it wasn't suitable. I have an earlier version of one of the
> two DLL.
<snip>

Hola Juan,

I got "Could not map section .text, file probably truncated" errors
one time when I tried to use a DLL from a website. I assumed their
copy of the DLL was corrupt, so I tried a copy of the DLL from a
different DLL website and the problem went away.

Try getting the DLL from a different website and see if that fixes it.