[Wine] How are the preferred fonts set?

Dave Farrance DaveFarrance at OMiTTHiSyahooANDTHiS.co.uk
Wed May 10 17:32:22 CDT 2006

What determines how the preferred fonts are set? Is it in the registry?
Can they be changed?

I'm asking because I recently installed the new wine-0.9.12-mdk and was
surprised at the way the order of preferred fonts changed when compared
with the older wine that was supplied with Mandriva-2006.

By removing fonts one at a time from the drive_c/windows/fonts
directory I could see the order of fonts that was preferred for the
Forte-Agent newsreader's menu-bar.

With the Mandriva-2006 wine (mid-2005 vintage, I think) Agent's order
of preference was : "Arial", "Arial bold", "Arial Italic", "System",
then the fonts in alphabetical order.

But with the new wine, the preferences changed to: "MS Sans Serif",
"Arial", "Arial bold", "Arial Italic", then alphabetical order.

I was a bit surprised at that. And I don't like "MS Sans Serif" because
it has no anti-aliasing. So what made that go to the top of the list?

--
Dave Farrance