[Wine] No "system32" directory. ( to run Merrian-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary )

steven woody narkewoody at gmail.com
Thu May 11 07:35:12 CDT 2006

On 5/11/06, Stefan Munz <stefan.munz at itomig.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 11. Mai 2006 05:41 schrieb narkewoody at gmail.com:
> > i just installed wine and want to use the "Merrian-Webster's
> > Collegiate Dictionary".  the installation of this on-line dictionary
> > seemed okay, but when we went to launch it, it failed and reported
> > following error:
> >
> > --------------------
> > Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is
> > not accessible.
>
> can you access this directory from a (linux) console? It should be located in
> ~/.wine/windows/system32, if you didn't chance the default values.
>
> BTW: What are the contents of your .wine/dosdevices dir?
>
> cu,
>
> Stefan

thanks. i found the 'missing of system32' error was caused by the
changing of default path setting for c drive.  now it is solved.

but the merrian-webster dictionary still can not run. it seems some
DLLs missed, e.g. MSVCIRT.dll,  xnmr70mt.dll, xnmpr510.dll.  what do i
do ?

and, i also found, during installation of the program ( running of the
setup.exe ), there are still many many error messages printed. but,
the installation process seemed been completed, so i dont know if i
can safely ignore these errors.

--
woody