[Wine] Re: Wine cvs How do I injstall this??

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Sun May 14 08:03:59 CDT 2006

Huk <Flashpoint at op.pl> wrote:
> Sorry I forgot - I'm using Ubuntu 5.10. I have already tried out wine
> 0.9.11/12/13(last one was compiled from the source by myself but I
> think everything was ok wiht it) but some people told me to try out cvs
> version because (as they said) "It runs more things on my PC then
> normal precompiled package". That's why I wan't to install it and try
> out :)

This statement is misleading. CVS is changing, breaking and getting
fixed all the time. It should read "It runs more/less/other things on my
PC then normal precompiled packages, depending on the time of day, phase
of the moon and wether or not you remembered to chant the secret
incantantion". In short, using CVS won't gain you anything unless you
intent to start developing yourself.

> Even if what they said isn't 100% accurate I would like to know how to
> install it (I want to lear everything I can befor I throw Windows
> away), so please help me to understand it.

Well, if you really insist. 'cvs co wine' gave you a source almost like
that from a tarball, so maybe the usual routine will do the trick. But
maybe you will have to install and use autoconf & Co. first.

Daniel