[Wine] Re: Wine cvs How do I injstall this??

Aggro spammerdream at yahoo.com
Sun May 14 14:16:13 CDT 2006

Huk wrote:

> Sorry I forgot - I'm using Ubuntu 5.10. I have already tried out wine
> 0.9.11/12/13(last one was compiled from the source by myself but I
> think everything was ok wiht it) but some people told me to try out cvs
> version

I understand your will to learn new things and see nothing wrong with
it. How ever here is what I would normally tell people to do:

With some projects that have very long release cycles. cvs version is
required, but always when possible and suitable, you should use the
package manager that comes with your distribution.

As the package that comes with Ubuntu is quite old in the time scale of
Wine, I would add a new reposity as explained here:
http://www.winehq.com/site/download-deb

It allows you to download and install latest stable, compiled version of
wine (no need to compile yourself, no need to run make install etc.) and
also easily uninstall it if required. And once you added the reposity,
you will keep getting the updates when ever new version is released.
This is really as high as you want to get. This means the least work for
you.