[Wine] French Rice Wine

Griff and Margaret machone at core.com
Tue May 16 09:27:31 CDT 2006

Hello,

    Back in the 70's and 80's I was in the habit of ordering a popular French rice wine with dinner in Chinese restaurants. It was usually available and came in small bottles. I'm not sure where I first learned of it but more then likely it was in San Francisco in the early 70's. I also had it in Seattle and in Fairbanks, Alaska. I live in Ohio now, and have forgotten the name of this wine. It's general availablility in the past leads me to believe someone else would know (remember) it. I thought it was interesting (still do) that Chinese restaurants always seemed to have this French rice wine on the menu. I'm not sure of this, but it may also have been from Paris. Any of this bring anything to mind? I'm sure I'd remember the name......

Thanks In Advance,

Rich