[Wine] Re: Problems Installing On Fedora Core 4

Jörn Rink j.rink at freenet.de
Wed May 17 02:02:10 CDT 2006

Am 16 May 2006 21:33:11 -0700
hat simanith at ameritech.net (simanith at ameritech.net) folgendes
geschrieben:

> Well Daniel,
>
> I too have the same problem.  I just downloaded Wine-0.9.13.  I
> extracted the compressed file and there isn't a "wine Program.exe".
> So, please explaine to those of us who are new, like 24 hours new, to
> linux how to install the program.  I would reall like to play
> "Dungeion Siege - Legends of Aranna" on my new Linux machine.

Hi,
ok, install gcc and glibc-devel on your computer with yum.

untar the wine package in a folder and type ./configure

when the configure does not end with an error, well, then you have all
package for software developement installed and you can type:
make depend && make

This procedure can take a long time, when it finishes without an error
you can type:

make install

after that, you have a wine binary and you can type wine setup.exe of
your favourite PC Game. But you have to remember, that playing a game
on wine is not the goal of wine. The most games will not run, that is
my experience.

When you have more than 2 questions after reading my post, install
windows and play the game on windows, it is a faster way to success.

CU
 Jörn Rink

--
Nine (not 9)