[Wine] Running or Installing

Joris Huizer jorishuizer at planet.nl
Fri May 19 16:46:11 CDT 2006

Geoff Lane wrote:
> Being new to Wine I am wondering; is it better to run a program
> installed via MS Windows or is it preferable to reinstal using Wine.

It can be hard to ensure you copy over all files needed for a program;
also, it's likely you have to copy over registry settings - if you
reinstall a program using wine, all this is done automatically; I think
the easiest way is to try whether the program installs; if this fails,
you could try copying the program files from MS Windows yourself

HTH,

Joris