[Wine] Problems with "Marco Polo Großer Reiseplaner 2005/2006" - Can't print/Street names not shown correctly/Route not shown

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Sat May 20 12:53:33 CDT 2006

Hello.

Thanks to the tip to use Wine 0.9.12., I now successfully installed
"Marco Polo Großer Reiseplaner 2005/2006" on Wine 0.9.12. running
on Gentoo Linux. After the installation finished, I upgraded to
Wine 0.9.13.

First off, the names of the streets aren't printed correctly. Please
see <http://www.myimg.de/?img=WineMarcoPoloGroerReiseplaner2.png>.
As you can see there, the names of the streets aren't printed correctly -
they are printed on a gray box. On a real Windows XP installation, that's
not so.

Further, certain "sections" (most importantly for me, the Route
section) aren't shown - please see the screen shot mentioned earlier.
As shown there, when I select Route, just nothing is shown in the left
pane.

Lastly, printing doesn't work. Is that, because I've got no printer and
thus compiled Wine 0.9.12. without cups support? If so, is there a
way to be at least able to "print" to files?

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar
--
Mal: "Half of writing history is hiding the truth."