[Wine] Problems with "Marco Polo Großer Reiseplaner 2005/2006" - Can't print/Street names not shown correctly/Route not shown

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Sun May 21 03:16:37 CDT 2006

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> wrote:
>> First off, the names of the streets aren't printed correctly. Please
>> see <http://www.myimg.de/?img=WineMarcoPoloGroerReiseplaner2.png>.
>
> A problem with handling the alpha channel, I would guess.

Hm. Okay. Is there anything that I can do about it?

In a previous mail, it sounded as if you've also got this program.
If so, do you have this problem as well?

>> Further, certain "sections" (most importantly for me, the Route
>> section) aren't shown - please see the screen shot mentioned earlier.
>> As shown there, when I select Route, just nothing is shown in the left
>> pane.
>
> That's not easy to guess. Do you get any console output that could be
> related?

I don't know.

With Wine 0.9.12., I got the following messages when I started
the program:

alexander at blatt ~ $ wine "D:\\Marco Polo Großer Reiseplaner 2005,2006\\prog\\tcstart.exe"
__driCreateNewScreen_20050727 - succeeded
__driCreateNewScreen_20050727 - succeeded
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP71.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\GIS\\TOOLS\\TRAFFIC.DLL") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR71.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\GIS\\TOOLS\\TRAFFIC.DLL") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR71.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\GIS\\LAYERS\\TINLAYER.DLL") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP71.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\GIS\\LAYERS\\TINLAYER.DLL") not found

And in the program, I got an error message:

	Eine oder mehrere Komponenten konnten nicht registriert werden.
	Genauere Informationen finden Sie in der Datei tc6.LOG.

				[ Ok ]

Means: One or more components couldn't be registered. You can find
more information in the file tc6.LOG.

But there's no tc6.LOG :(

Because of the import_dll message, I downloaded MSVCP71.dll and
MSVCR71.dll from http://www.dll-files.com/ and put them in
the windows\system32 directory.

After I clicked on the "[ Ok ]" button in the message box with the
tc6.LOG message, some more messages got printed in the terminal:

__driCreateNewScreen_20050727 - succeeded
alexander at blatt ~ $ err:module:import_dll Library GeoLib.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\GIS\\LAYERS\\LINELAYER.DLL") not found
err:module:import_dll Library GeoLib.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\GIS\\LAYERS\\LINELAYER.DLL") not found

I downloaded http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/geoshell/GeoShell-R4.11.10.zip?download
from http://www.geoshell.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=9
and put only the GeoLib.dll in the system32 directory.

But this didn't help :(

>> Lastly, printing doesn't work. Is that, because I've got no printer and
>> thus compiled Wine 0.9.12. without cups support? If so, is there a
>> way to be at least able to "print" to files?
>
> Yes. And I don't know. Try to find a "print to file" option in the print
> dialog.

There isn't :(

When I click on "Druckerauswahl" (Printer Selection), nothing happens.

Alexander Skwar
--
Though death will cancel it, life in this world is a glorious thing.

   -- DUKE PAULUS ATREIDES