[Wine] Disabling hal support

"Alexander N. Sørnes" alex at thehandofagony.com
Sun May 21 14:46:36 CDT 2006

Is there a registry key or similar to disable HAL support?  I believe I
have the latest version of HAL (0.5.7), yet I have trouble running
Warcraft III, due to the copy protection.  If I have a symlink 'd: >
/mnt/cdrom', wine creates 'e: > /mnt/cdrom' and 'e:: > /dev/hdc', and if
I have 'd: > /mnt/cdrom' and 'd:: > /dev/hdc', Wine deletes 'd: >
/mnt/cdrom'.  So depending on what I do, the game either gets confused
by finding two identical CDs in different drives, or finds none at all,
and quits in both cases.

Regards,

Alexander N. Sørnes