Fwd: [Wine] LAN games no longer working in Starcraft

Philippe A. futhark77 at gmail.com
Mon May 22 10:54:33 CDT 2006

Forgot to CC list. Sorry.

>Unable to initialize network provider
>
>I'm on Fedora Core 4.
>
>Can anyone confirm this?

I run Wine 0.9.13, and UPD multiplayer works fine for me, using (what I
believe) is the latest version of Starcraft.  I have not tested previous
Starcraft versions.  IPX can only be used if the game is run as root.
Networking was tested with two existing Wine installs, though I don't
think that should matter.

I have also updated Starcraft to the latest patch. I don't normally use IPX,
but I have noticed selecting IPX and UDP currently produce the same result.

What is your distro and kernel? We are two on FC4 experiencing the same
result.

Thanks!