[Wine] setting up lotus notes 7

Bram Mertens bram.mertens at sofico.be
Wed May 24 07:11:51 CDT 2006

wine-users-bounces at winehq.org wrote on 05/04/2006 08:49:37:

> > http://vowe.net/archives/004104.html
> > 1. Install the latest wine from www.winehq.com (or emerge wine,
> > apt-get wine or whatever).
> > 2. Install Notes 6.51 under Windows.
> > 3. Copy the Lotus/Notes directory to ~/.wine/fake_windows/program
> > files/lotus/notes.
> > 4. Copy mfc42.dll and msvcp60.dll from Windows to
>
> Hi,
> you should have to copy mfc42u and usp10.dll and, as mentioned in a
> popular computer magazin here in germany, msvcrt.dll. For me notes
> works without the last one.
>
> After copying to the system folder, you have to setup winecfg for
> lnotes.exe and notes.exe to use this libs native.
>
> After that, change W98 to lnotes and notes.exe. Remember, when building
> wine on your own, to install cups-devel and cups for printing before
> you compile it!!

I tried again after upgrading my debian box to testing.

I now use wine 0.9.11-1

I moved my old .wine dir and let wine create a new one.

Then I copied the lotus folder again and copied the following libs to
.wine/drive_c/windows/system/:
cp /drive_c/WINDOWS/ServicePackFiles/i386/mfc42.dll
.wine/drive_c/windows/system/
cp /drive_c/WINDOWS/ServicePackFiles/i386/mfc42u.dll
.wine/drive_c/windows/system/
cp /drive_c/WINDOWS/system32/msvcp60.dll .wine/drive_c/windows/system
cp /drive_c/WINDOWS/system32/usp10.dll .wine/drive_c/windows/system
cp /drive_c/WINDOWS/system32/msvcrt.dll .wine/drive_c/windows/system

Then I started winecfg and added nlnotes and notes to the application list
(first tab) and added overrides for the above dll's for both applications.

starting notes.exe or nlnotes.exe gives a warning from lotus (before the
login-prompt:
IBM Lotus Notes:
You cannot use the Administration program while the Domino Server is
running.  Either shut down the Domino Server (but keep the file server
running) or choose the icon labeled 'Lotus Notes' instead.

On the console the following error message is written:
$ wine "c:\program files\lotus\notes\nlnotes.exe"
Invoking /usr/lib/wine/wine.bin c:\program files\lotus\notes\nlnotes.exe
Error writing to process file pid.nbf, (other applications may be
inappropriately accessing this file)fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
Error writing to process file pid.nbf, (other applications may be
inappropriately accessing this file)fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
err:ole:CoReleaseMarshalData IMarshal::ReleaseMarshalData failed with
error 0x8001011d

I killed this proces with control-C because it was no longer responding.

 wine "c:\program files\lotus\notes\notes.exe"
Invoking /usr/lib/wine/wine.bin c:\program files\lotus\notes\notes.exe ...
Error writing to process file pid.nbf, (other applications may be
inappropriately accessing this file)fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
err:ole:CoReleaseMarshalData IMarshal::ReleaseMarshalData failed with
error 0x8001011d
Wine exited with a successful status
/usr/bin/wine: line 525:  4564 Terminated              $XMESSAGE -timeout
30 -buttons "    Dismiss    ":0," Never display this message again ":3
-title "Wine Launch Window" "Invoking $WINEBIN/$WINE_BIN_NAME $@ ...

        This dialog box is a temporary status dialog to let you know
        that Wine is attempting to launch your application.

        Since Wine is still very much in a development stage,
        many applications will fail silently.
        This dialog box is your indication
        that we're *trying* to run your application.

        This dialog box will automatically disappear after 30 seconds,
        or after your application finishes.

        You can permanently disable this dialog by selecting
        the option below.
        " 2>/dev/null

I also tried setting the Windows Version to Win98 for both apps but that
did not make a difference.

Can anybody tell me what I'm still doing wrong?

I did notice that the copied dll's did not appear in the drop-down list
for libraries, I had to type the names manually.

Thanks in advance.

Bram Mertens