[Wine] Freestyle Connect Home not running

David Shaw djshaw at classicfm.net
Thu May 25 07:17:33 CDT 2006

I'm trying to run the above program (it's a blood glucose monitoring
program for diabetics) and I can't get it to (nil excrementum,
Sherlock!  ;-)  )

It seems to install OK and will open up, but I get a small dialog on
startup saying "Run-time error '438'  Object doesn't support this
property or method' and then the program closes.

Doing a wine connect.exe winedebug=+all gives the rather less than
enlightening output :

fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub

And that's it!

The program claims to run under Win 95/98/NT/2000 and I have seen it
running under XP - but trying these compatibility modes in Wine doesn't
seem to have any effect.

I suspect, from the error, that this could be a problem with the VB
runtime, rather than Wine per se.  Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

David Shaw