[Wine] Re: MSWord97 installs properly but still won't launch (or save?) -- 3 more data files

link141 link141 at comcast.net
Sat May 27 13:31:13 CDT 2006

Sorry if you already tried this (I may not have read your post
thoroughly), but maybe you should try running it in compatibility mode
with Windows 98.  I've had the problem of a Windows 98 program
installing but not running, and this seemed to fix it.  In case you
don't know how to do this, open the file "winecfg" and either set the
default settings to Windows version 98, or set it this way for the
"Word 97" exe file.  Hope this helps.