[Wine] MSWord97 installs properly but still won't launch (or save?)

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Sat May 27 13:57:56 CDT 2006

Benjamin Sher <delphi123 at zebra.net> wrote:
> from source. The source install asked me to install a number of font
> files, which I did (bison, fontforger, etc., every one of them). The

Here propably is your trouble. You need really new fontforge (from 2006
AFAIK), or you will have font troubles.

> "Winword.exe" will not launch. And when I try to do this in the console
> I face the insurmountable problem of how to get past the directory
> "Program Files" (i.e. the empty space between "program" and "files").

For example:
- Enlose the whole path in quotes "like this".
- Put a backslash in front of the space like\ this.
- Use filename completion to let bash do it for you.

And please, read your distributions user manual.

Daniel