[Wine] MSWord97 installs properly but still won't launch (or save?) -- 3 more data files

Ekkehard Flessa Ekkehard_Flessa at wun.maus.de
Sat May 27 23:29:44 CDT 2006

Hi Benjamin!

BS>I then typed wincfg and selected Win98, clicked on OK and exited. I
BS>then typed on the command line in the console:

This one I didn't. I left everything on standard, including the
emulated windows version (2000). I don't know which (if any) fonts
come with the wine RPM version for SUSE 10.0 I'm using.

Anyway, word97 works for me, and opens existing documents just
fine. But entering fileneames to store some document with a new name
is messy. Entering "test" would save a file named "t.doc"...
There are a couple "fixme:" and "err:" also when launched from the
console.

BS>And when I try to do this in the console I face the insurmountable
BS>problem of how to get past the directory "Program Files" (i.e. the
BS>empty space between "program" and "files").

This problem I don't encounter, as I'm on a german system. There, this
folder is simply called "Programme" :-)

In the console, it's best to cd into the path where winword.exe is,
and type "wine winword.exe" there.

With best regards
Ekkehard

--
I'm no wine expert at all. All plain try and error, and if everything
else fails, read the instructions ;-)