[Wine] using existing windows installation

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Sun May 28 07:15:54 CDT 2006

Stephen Moore <delfick755 at gmail.com> wrote:
> and so i want to be able to use my existing installation of windows as
> wine...

You could bind in your windows partition as drive D: or something like
that. The wine users guide will tell you how.

> Is this possible and if it were possible, would this eliminate problems
> associated with using wine? (such as programs not working properly)

You will definitely get around the problem of installing the software
(which sometimes doesn't work under wine). You can generally use the
software installed under windows, but some will have problems due to
DLLs or config files that have been placed somewhere else in windows and
now naturally cannot be found. It is possible to fix that, if you are
willing to spend a lot of time with that.

Daniel