[Wine] Re: Problems to find a usefull wine configuration

Marcelo Taube please.no.cheese at gmail.com
Mon May 29 17:39:08 CDT 2006

Daniel,
Thanks for all your help.
I need futher help though.

>  Anyway, you know that this is not the recommended way of getting wine?

Which is the best way to get wine?
I have a wine package in my unbuntu, unfortunatelly it seems very
unupdated, and it does not do good things.

> I have observed this behaviour with Mafia under wine 0.9.14. Basically,
> the mouse pointer has to be inside the desktop window as soon as it is
> created, otherwise this will happen.

This is not helping in my case... :-(

> You mean you could not change to a console? Or use ALT-F4 to close the
> window? Or kill your X server?
Well that actually happened only once, i used alt+ctrl+f1 and
alt+ctrl+backspace and all the usual tricks, but I got no results.

> Could be due to some drawing voodoo on behalf of the program. Is there a
> free download available?
It is free. http://www.anim8or.com

Regards,
Marcelo