[Wine] gtasa

delfick755 at gmail.com delfick755 at gmail.com
Tue May 30 04:13:26 CDT 2006

hi all

I am using Ubuntu Dapper at the moment (after using windows for so
long) dualbooting alongside windows

So i have all my games and applications for windows...

One of those games is Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.

Using wine i'm trying to run gtasa from my windows partiton (yes it is
NTFS filesystem) and it keeps telling me that it couldn't find the
sound card.

So can someone tell me how to fix this issue to be able to run gtasa
(so that i can then run mtasa (multi theft auto) ) That would be
fantastic.

On a sidenote, i am thinking of getting another hardrive (just a cheap,
small one) and installing windows on a filesytem both linux and windows
can read and write to and then using that as my wine folder, and
istalling gtasa on that. Would this work and how do i go about doing it
if it does.

Thanx for your help, it will be greatly appreciated.