[Wine] WoW install problem, click "Install World of Warcraft" result: crash

Dean.Nikolopoulos at gmail.com Dean.Nikolopoulos at gmail.com
Wed May 31 04:05:45 CDT 2006

Hi, first thank you for looking at my post.

The problem: I'm following the "HOWTO Install and update World Of
Warcraft with wine" located here:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Install_and_update_World_Of_Warcraft_with_wine

and I've done all the prereq's installing mozilla/the active x install
and even tried copying the contents of the disc to my HD but whenever I
run the installer I get the Install menu + music everything looks good
but clicking the Install button makes it crash. It's weird though,
because every other button works minus the man and the readme because I
haven't installed.

Does anyone know how I can get the program to install? It just keeps
crashing.